Saturday 10 March 2012

Zombies

I don't know what made me start drawing zombies
 Or why I thought it would make a good keyring- but here are the (pic heavy) results!
 Cut the bits out of your felt stash- I recent found a whole bag of felt I had ahem, "temporarily mislaid" including the hideous yellow with black on ( face colour) from a bargain bag.
 I embroidered the details and embroidered the face pieces on at the same time if that makes sense!
 As it is a keyring I added some cord and a split ring , then sewed most of the way round the front and back pieces of the head, then added a bit of stuffing.

If you want to do it exactly like me you should forget to add the cord and have to squeeze it in between the stitches- I wouldn't recommend this method!
 Then round the edges of the tunic/body and sewed the sleeves/arms leaving a gap/armhole- tell you why in the next pic! Oh I sewed some "rips" onto the tunic first!
 Stuffed the body, then got a bit of aluminium wire(which I had but I get it from wires.co.uk) folded over the ends and taped with electrical tape stolen from hubby- shh I used it all up, don't tell him!! 
I threaded the wire through the sleeves via the neck opening- just a bit less fiddly,then sewed up the arms.
 Then I sewed the head to the body- nothing neat but zombies aren't neat are they??
 TA DAAAArrrgghhh!
See why I wired the arms?? he he
I decided against having him eat brains( the red felt just visible at the bottom of the cut out pic!) I think it works without.

3 comments:

  1. Gruesomely cute! I love it! You could do a whole army of zombie keyrings, zombie egg cosies, zombie mobiles (that'll help the baby get to sleep!), etc. Sorry, getting a bit enthusiastic here.
    xXx Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, glad you like him, Egg cosies I would go for- and someone has asked for a larger version as a hand puppet! Not sure quite how relaxing a mobile might be -lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH, wouldn't he make a great egg cosie for a Gothy sulky teenager. Might even force a smile from him :-)

    ReplyDelete